Carbon-neutral STAR Island combines the luxury of a private Bahamian island with the sustainability of the latest green technologies to create the perfect eco destination – a 35-acre paradise that offers much more than sand, sun, and world-class amenities. Seaside villas, custom built private residences, and a grand community clubhouse are just a few items on the STAR vacation agenda.
Still under development in early 2010, STAR Island aims to be the world’s first exotic eco island resort. 45 residential lots compromise the west side of the island, some with private beachfronts and others with personal boat docks. The east side of STAR Island will feature secluded seaside bungalows and luxurious hotel villas, available in one, two, or three-bedroom layouts.
Eco-Friendly STAR Qualities
To achieve a carbon neutral, completely sustainable island, careful planning has gone into the development of STAR (Sustainable Terrain and Resources) Island. An experienced team of designers, builders, engineers, and consultants are working together to ensure that every detail of the island produces the least environmental impact possible, from the buildings and energy supply to the furniture and activities.
- Mini wind turbines and photovoltaic panels will top every building;
- Insulated concrete forms are used in construction to reduce the need for heating and cooling, while also providing protection against high winds;
- Cold form steel, a strong and recyclable material, will also be part of each construction;
- Bamboo shades reduce cooling needs while allowing natural light to brighten rooms;
- Solar water heaters and geothermal heat pumps offer renewable energy options;
- LEED certified buildings and homes assure residents and guests that their private island getaway is an eco-friendly adventure.
STAR Amenities and Attractions
If the pristine Caribbean beaches and tranquil views aren’t enough, STAR Island boasts enough activities to keep everyone happily engaged through your entire stay. Several acres of green space on the residential side of the island provides space for walking, jogging, and biking, while the water sports center and deep sea marina will keep sea lovers occupied.
The centrally located clubhouse is the perfect place to unwind, featuring a state of the art spa and fitness center as well as gourmet dining and poolside lounges. Guests can visit the marketplace for fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables or call upon the full-service staff for concierge and room delivery services.
Sustainable private island life is luxurious at STAR Island. If you’re interested in booking an eco island getaway or would like more information on owning a residential lot, visit the STAR Island website or call 1.866.STAR 313.